region of Sisteron
485 metres above sea level, under one of the purest skies
in Europe, Sisteron, "Perle de Haute Provence,"
is a medieval city, situated where the Alps meet Provence.
This town of 8000 people will seduce you with its charm. It
is located in a area benefiting from a an exceptional climate.
Discover the rich medieval history, the rural culture, the
old villages on the sunny slopes, the small churches, ...
arrival, you will find a binder with detailed tourist information.
In the meantime, you can
check Internet sites such as :
Activities nearby - to see - to
do - to discover
- The old city (The Citadel, the Cathedral, the old districts,
- In summer : Festival "The nights of the Citadel",
"Rues en fête" (Celebration streets in the
- Discovery Days (Tourism Office)
- The Provencal market
- Cinema, library
- Leisure sports: swimming (artificial lake, rivers,…),
- cycling, mountain biking ("Les
chemins du soleil = The paths of the sun" ,
"Grande traversée des Préalpes à
V.T.T. » = Great prealps crossing by bike)
sports (gliding, hang-gliding)
- horseback riding
- flowing water sports (canoe kayak, rafting, canyoning,
- Swimming in river (Méouge) or lakes (Ribiers, Eyguians,...)
- The Verdon
(The canyon, the Museum of prehistory in Quinson, the lake
- The Provence, the Luberon, Aix
en Provence and the Pays d'Aix
- The alpine valleys and Ubaye
- Hautes-Alpes: Champsaur, Valgaudemar, Briançonnais,
Queyras and the Ecrins
- The lake
Serre Poncon and the Valley of the Blanche.